Reuse • Repurpose • Recycle
Urban Thrift sells nearly-new and gently-used clothing, jewelry, linens, home furnishings, accessories, electronics, DVDs and more! Shoppers can browse for bargains and feel great about supporting a worthy cause, because all income from Urban Thrift supports The Arc Montgomery County's programs.
Monday-50% off for Seniors; Tuesday-25% off Accessories; Wednesday-25% off Furniture; Thursday-25% off Housewares; 25% off Clothing and Shoes EVERY day!
Monday-Friday, 11 am-6 pm; Saturday, 10 am-7 pm; Sunday 12-4 pm
Closed New Year's, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas days
10730 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895
All donations must be in boxes or bags!
Customers can drop CLEAN, GENTLY-USED, WORKING AND IN GOOD CONDITION donations which meet our guidelines during regular business hours. Items which are not in clean, saleable condition will not be accepted. The Urban Thrift team reserves the right to refuse any donation. Please respect our neighbors and do not leave donations outside the building! All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law and receipts are provided upon request.
Items We Need Most
- Accessories (handbags, belts, scarves)
- Home Furnishings
- DVDs, CDs, Records, Tapes
- Small Electronics (radios, clocks, lamps)
Items We Cannot Accept
It's hard to say "no, thank you" to a donation, but we cannot accept the following items. Please dispose of these through an alternative responsible source, such as the Montgomery County Recycling Center.
- DIRTY, BROKEN, HEAVILY-USED, NON-WORKING & POOR CONDITION ITEMS
- Clothing with rips, tears, or missing buttons/closures
- Large household appliances (stoves, refrigerators, washers, air conditioners, water heaters, etc.)
- Building materials (carpet, shutters, windows, toilets, concrete, bricks, etc.)
- Books (including encyclopedias)
- Mattresses and/or box springs
- Upholstered couches or chairs which are torn, soiled or otherwise damaged
- Automobile parts (tires, wheels, batteries, seats, etc.)
- Paint or chemicals of any kind
- Kerosene and gas heaters or appliances
- CPSC frequently recalled items (infant furniture, car seats, exercise equipment, baby cribs, strollers, carriages, playpens, play yards, children's items containing lead or phthalates)
- Televisions (unless they are flat screen)
For more information or to inquire about donations of furniture or other large items, contact Urban Thrift Store Manager, 301.984.5777 x2252.