Messages from the CEO
Chrissy Shawver, Chief Executive Officer, shares her thoughts on current issues and actions which impact The Arc Montgomery County.
June 18, 2019
An Open Letter to the People We Support, Their Families, Our Employees, Our Community Partners, and Our Stakeholders
Like many other nonprofit agencies, The Arc Montgomery County is facing significant fiscal challenges. While preparing our FY2020 budget, it became clear that we needed to make immediate reductions in order to continue providing quality support services in a fiscally responsible way. In order to reduce costs and streamline our service delivery, we are eliminating duplicate positions and realigning job duties across all divisions.
Today we said goodbye to several dedicated employees, some of whom have been with The Arc for many years. It is important that we recognize and appreciate the contributions of these individuals. I know they will be missed, and I sincerely wish them well in their future endeavors, which may include applying for a different position within The Arc.
Although change is difficult, I truly believe it is also essential for our future growth and success. I encourage you to review my video message (below) for additional information. If you need specific assistance, please reach out to the following individuals:
- For Children & Youth Services—Tom Bamrick, 301.984.5777 x1240
- For Community Living Services—Daria Cervantes, 301.984.5777 x1225
- For Community Outreach (Workshops, Support Groups)—Deborah Mark, 301.984.5777 x1245
- For Family & Community Services— Daria Cervantes, 301.984.5777 x1225
- For Respite—Julia Abate, 301.984.5777 x1206
- For Vocational & Day Services—Doug Clarke, 301.984.5777 x2214
- For Resource Development—Chrissy Shawver, 301.984.5777 x1274
I will provide more information about changes to our organizational structure, our upcoming headquarters move, and our new strategic goals over the coming days and weeks. These messages will be posted here, in Messages from the CEO. In the meantime, I ask you for your support and patience. Thank you.
Chrissy Shawver, Chief Executive Officer