Employment & Meaningful Day Services
In accordance with the latest CDC guidelines, effective March 29, 2022, The Arc Montgomery County has made the following changes to COVID-19 policies for people supported by Employment & Meaningful Day Services and Inclusive Living Services.
- People supported are not required to wear masks at any site operated by The Arc or in the community unless the community site requires masking.
- People supported are encouraged, but not required, to wear masks while riding in a vehicle owned or operated by The Arc.
- People supported in Community Living may resume visits with family and friends.
- Visitors to Community Living homes are required to wear a surgical, N95, or KN95 mask. Cloth masks are not acceptable.
The Arc Montgomery County will continue to review guidance from the CDC and other government entities. We reserve the right to make changes to our COVID-19 policies, including masking policies, based on the best interest of the people we support, our employees, and other
Questions regarding these changes should be directed to the appropriate Team Coordinator.
This information was last updated on March 29, 2022.
Work is an integral part of adult life and The Arc supports adults with disabilities by providing employment opportunities, vocational counseling and career development. These services are designed to enhance each individual's abilities and skills, allowing them to work as independently as possible in the community. Trained job coaches monitor each worker's performance and serve as intermediaries with employers to help workers succeed on the job and to resolve concerns before they become workplace issues. Some examples of work assignments include clerical duties and data entry, custodial and lawn care, commercial grounds maintenance, packaging and assembly, and warehouse services.
Community Volunteer & Recreational Opportunities
Community volunteer opportunities provide adults with disabilities resume-building experience and a chance to try different types of work. Volunteers are generally placed at other non-profit agencies in Montgomery County and may be engaged in supporting senior citizens or administrative/clerical work.
Inclusive community-based recreational experiences are also available. Adults with disabilities participate in activities based on their interests and preferences, including visits to museums, theaters and sporting events. They may join walking/running clubs or other groups, all focused on creating connections with other people in their community.
Seniors with disabilities can participate in various community-based activities each weekday with the support of a senior activity coach. These activities support their transition from the workplace and work-related activities to retirement and senior living activities. The Arc Montgomery County focuses on maximizing existing community resources and facilitating connections to seniors without disabilities, which is key to the program's success.
- Hours and locations vary.
- Individuals must reside in Montgomery County
- Individuals must apply to the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration for eligibility and funding approval.
- The Arc does not provide or pay for transportation; families are encouraged to arrange and utilize Metro Access.
- The Arc is unable to provide new 1:1 support.
For more information, contact Kelli Hunter-Bennett, Assistant Director of Employment & Meaningful Day Services, 301.984.5777 x2232.