In accordance with the latest CDC guidelines, The Arc Montgomery County will ease COVID-19 policies for people supported by Employment & Meaningful Day Services and Inclusive Living Services, effective Friday, September 30, 2022.
• People supported and employees of The Arc are not required to wear masks at any site operated by The Arc or in the community unless the community site requires masking.
• Some of the homes operated by The Arc Montgomery County have residents with increased health risks which require additional safety measures. Family members of people supported in those homes have been notified and should contact their House Manager for additional information and guidance.
• People supported are encouraged to receive all booster shots as soon as they become available.
• Family members and visitors to high risk homes must wear well-fitting surgical, N95, or KN95 masks, when visiting. Cloth masks are not acceptable.
The Arc Montgomery County will continue to review guidance from the CDC and other government entities. We reserve the right to make changes to our COVID-19 policies, including masking policies, based on the best interest of the people we support, our employees, and other stakeholders.
This information was last updated on September 29, 2022.
Work is an integral part of adult life and The Arc supports adults with disabilities by providing employment opportunities, vocational counseling and career development. These services are designed to enhance each individual's abilities and skills, allowing them to work as independently as possible in the community. Trained job coaches monitor each worker's performance and serve as intermediaries with employers to help workers succeed on the job and to resolve concerns before they become workplace issues. Some examples of work assignments include custodial and lawn care, commercial grounds maintenance, packaging and assembly, and warehouse services.
Community Volunteer & Recreational Opportunities
Community volunteer opportunities provide adults with disabilities with resume-building experience and a chance to try different types of work. Volunteers are generally paired with other non-profit agencies in Montgomery County and may be engaged in supporting senior citizens or administrative work.
Inclusive community-based recreational experiences are also available. Adults with disabilities participate in activities based on their interests and preferences, including visits to museums, theaters and sporting events. They may join walking/running clubs or other groups, all focused on creating connections with other people in their community.
Seniors with disabilities can participate in various community-based activities each weekday with the support of a senior activity coach. These activities support their transition from the workplace and work-related activities to retirement and senior living activities. The Arc Montgomery County focuses on maximizing existing community resources and facilitating connections to seniors without disabilities, which is key to the program's success.
- Hours and locations vary.
- Individuals must reside in Montgomery County
- Individuals must apply to the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration for eligibility and funding approval.
- Currently, The Arc is not accepting new admissions who require 1:1 supports
For more information, contact Kelli Hunter-Bennett, Director of Employment & Meaningful Day Services, 301.984.5777 x2232.