Inclusive Living Services
In accordance with the latest CDC guidelines, effective March 29, 2022, The Arc Montgomery County has made the following changes to COVID-19 policies for people supported by Employment & Meaningful Day Services and Inclusive Living Services.
- People supported are not required to wear masks at any site operated by The Arc or in the community unless the community site requires masking.
- People supported are encouraged, but not required, to wear masks while riding in a vehicle owned or operated by The Arc.
- People supported in Community Living may resume visits with family and friends.
- Visitors to Community Living homes are required to wear a surgical, N95, or KN95 mask. Cloth masks are not acceptable.
The Arc Montgomery County will continue to review guidance from the CDC and other government entities. We reserve the right to make changes to our COVID-19 policies, including masking policies, based on the best interest of the people we support, our employees, and other
Questions regarding these changes should be directed to the appropriate Team Coordinator.
This information was last updated on March 29, 2022.
Depending on each individual's needs, maximizing life skills while promoting community inclusion may require different levels of support. Customized, in-home and person-centered support makes it possible for adults with disabilities to live independently or to remain in their family's home. As one member of a team of providers, The Arc's staff can coordinate with schools, employers and other program providers to encourage a positive experience providing maximum benefit to the individual. The intensity of services provided may range from drop-in support of a few hours to hands-on supervision for several hours each week, and may include:
- Community Connections (links to community resources)
- Independent Living (personal/health care, cooking, shopping)
- Finances (budgeting, banking)
- Social/Recreational Activities (leisure, entertainment, religious and cultural activities)
- Medical (appointments, benefits coordination)
Community Living Services
Full residential services focused on individualized support can be provided to adults with disabilities at one of 35 single-family homes, townhomes or condos owned or operated by The Arc Montgomery County. Regardless of the setting, every individual enjoys a private bedroom. Support services may include personal care, medication administration, use of community services, meal preparation, recreation, financial management and health care coordination. A continuum of services can be provided from early adulthood through senior years, and annual team meetings with staff, relatives, friends and other service providers is an avenue for setting goals and evaluating outcomes.
During weekdays, all participants must be involved in education, work, volunteer service or senior living activities in the community. Evening and weekend activities are based on individuals' interests and typically include fitness and exercise, dining out, shopping, volunteer work, music and art activities, movies, and parties or holiday celebrations.
- Individuals must reside in Montgomery County
- Individuals must apply to the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration for eligibility and funding approval.
For more information, contact Gia Richmond, Director of Inclusive Living Services, 301.984.5777 x1237.