Inclement Weather & Holiday Closings
During inclement weather, The Arc Montgomery County administrative offices and programs will follow the schedules outlined below with regard to closings and delayed openings. For the most up-to-date information, please call 301.984.5777 and dial the appropriate hotline extension as listed below.
The following offices and programs follow the inclement weather schedule of the Federal Government (with exceptions as noted below).
- Administrative Offices (Nebel Street) Hotline 1111
- Vocational & Day Services (community and center-based at Southlawn Lane and transportation department) Hotline 2000
- Children & Youth Services (AfterAll, KFICCC) Hotline 3333
- Training Department (Nebel Street) Hotline 1111
- Other administrative employees.
However, if community sites are open, Vocational & Day Services community-based services employees are to report to the community-based job site.
Exceptions to Federal Government Announcements
- For days when the Federal Government indicates employees may telework or use unscheduled leave, The Arc will announce a decision about closings or delayed openings by 5:30 am.
- If weather conditions continue to deteriorate, additional announcements may be made.
- The Arc Montgomery County reserves the right to announce a decision which is different from the Federal Government, depending on staffing patterns, local travel conditions and other factors. This announcement will be recorded on the hotlines and posted on our website.
Residential Services homes do not generally close, and information related to inclement weather or other emergencies is provided at Hotline 1010.
If the Federal Government is closed, all scheduled training for that period will be cancelled and rescheduled where appropriate, as indicated at Hotline 1111. When the Federal Government announces a 2-hour inclement weather delay, training classes will follow this schedule, except that classes scheduled to begin at 10 am will begin at 11 am.
When The Arc Montgomery County programs and locations are open, employees are expected to report for work.
The Arc Montgomery County full-time staff observe the following holidays, excluding direct support staff in Residential Services and Family & Community Services.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Residential, Respite and Support Services direct support staff do not observe paid holidays due to the nature of their work.