Inclement Weather & Holiday Closings
In case of inclement weather, The Arc Montgomery County Administrative office and programs will follow the schedules outlined below with regard to closings and delayed openings. For up-to-date information, please call 301.984.5777 and dial the appropriate hotline extension as listed below.
The following offices and programs follow the inclement weather schedule of the Federal Government.
- Administrative Offices (Nebel Street) Hotline 1111
- Vocational & Day Services (community and center-based at Southlawn Lane and transportation department) Hotline 2000
- Children & Youth Services (AfterAll, KFICCC) Hotline 3333
- Training Department (Nebel Street) Hotline 1111
- All other administrative employees.
However, if community sites are open, Vocational & Day Services community-based services employees are to report to the community-based job site.
Residential Services homes do not generally close, and information related to inclement weather or other emergencies is provided at Hotline 1010.
If the Federal Government is closed, all scheduled training for that period will be cancelled and rescheduled where appropriate, as indicated at Hotline 1111. When the Federal Government announces a 2-hour inclement weather delay, training classes will follow this schedule, except that classes scheduled to begin at 10 am will begin at 11 am.
The Arc Montgomery County full-time staff observe the following holidays, excluding direct support staff in Residential Services and Family & Community Services.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Residential, Respite and Support Services direct support staff do not observe paid holidays due to the nature of their work.